Please review any of the open positions below, and direct all employment inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bennett Bigelow & Leedom, P.S., a recognized leader in Health Care Law and Trial Practice, is searching to expand its present team of highly-regarded attorneys in its Seattle office. Specifically, the firm is interested in candidates who have experience and a focused interest in medical malpractice, personal injury, or insurance defense, and an interest in working on a wide range of matters. The ideal candidate will have at least three to four years of practice experience with strong legal writing and analytical skills. Also, candidates must have demonstrated oral advocacy skills and the ability to work as a team with other attorneys, legal and administrative staff, and management. Please submit application material consisting of Cover Letter, Resume, and Legal Writing Sample to Jobs@bbllaw.com. Bennett Bigelow & Leedom, P.S. is committed to Diversity & Inclusion and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Bennett Bigelow & Leedom, P.S., Seattle/Spokane, is seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant to support our Spokane office. We are an award-winning law firm, a recognized leader in healthcare law and trial practice, and a majority women-owned business. If you are interested in joining our stellar Spokane team, please submit your resume and cover letter to Jobs@bbllaw.com. For assistance with the application process to accommodate a disability, please contact Jobs@bbllaw.com or call 206.622.5511 and ask to speak with our Human Resources Manager.
Please note, we are not currently accepting submissions from recruiters.
Bennett Bigelow & Leedom is committed to Diversity & Inclusion and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Administrative Assistant will perform a variety of clerical, recordkeeping, and customer service tasks to support the smooth operation of the law firm.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
“Essential functions” are duties that incumbents must be able to perform unassisted or with some reasonable accommodation made by the employer.
• Answers phones, directs calls to appropriate individuals, and prepares messages.
• Logs and routes incoming deliveries. Processes and distributes incoming mail. Processes outgoing mail. Monitors and delivers facsimiles.
• Greets visitors. Facilitates access for messengers.
• Monitors and restocks kitchen supplies, beverages, office supplies, and shipping supplies. Makes coffee, maintains clean kitchen and runs dishwasher.
• Prepares conference rooms for meetings, places signage for quiet areas, and maintains conference rooms and reception area.
• Operates office machines including copiers, scanners, phone and voicemail systems, personal computers, and other standard office equipment.
• Performs clerical duties including typing, filing, data entry, indexing, and preparation of logs, reports, correspondence, and forms. This may include docketing forms, client intake forms, credit card receipt summaries, expense reports, and petty cash reports.
• Completes copy and scan projects including copying, collating, sorting, and preparing documents and reports for mailings and meetings.
• Files records within electronic filing system.
• Proofreads draft documents, reports, and billing time entries.
• Assists with preparation for office move, including packing supplies and files. Prepares address change notifications. Prepares outdated equipment for recycling or disposal.
• Assists with scheduling vendor meetings. Creates and sends calendar invitations.
• Option to travel to firm-sponsored events in Seattle. Approved travel is firm-paid. All employee meetings are currently being held quarterly in Seattle. Travel and attendance may not be required for all quarterly meetings.
• Type at least 45 words per minute.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills appropriate to the needs of the audience.
• Active listening skills, giving full attention and taking time to understand points being made.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Time management skills to meet deadlines.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
• Familiarity with ProLaw law practice management software preferred.
• Maintain confidentiality.
• Knowledge of administrative and office procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, transcription, designing forms, and workplace terminology.
• Knowledge of spelling, composition, grammar.
• Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Clerical experience preferred.
Professional office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, and temperature. Position may require prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer. Position may require occasional use of non-hazardous cleaning products in well-ventilated areas. Travel outside the office may be necessary on occasion.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
• Compensation range of $18 to $23 per hour. The higher end of the range is available for candidates with more than the minimum required experience.
• Standard workweek of 37.5 hours.
• Paid time off (PTO) of 18 days per year, with one additional PTO day for each year of service, up to a total of 25 days of PTO accrual per year.
• Paid holidays (currently 10.5 days per year).
• Bereavement leave (1-3 days) and Jury Duty leave (up to 10 days).
• Paid parental leave (up to 12 weeks after 24 months of service) available to both parents.
• Healthcare benefits include medical Preferred Provider Organization (PPO plan) options and Health Savings Account (high deductible plan) choices with 91-95% employer contribution and employee buy-up options. Dependent coverage at employee’s expense. Employer contribution to Health Savings Account.
• Flexible spending account option for qualified medical and childcare expenses.
• Dental plan with 100% employer paid premium. Dependent coverage at employee’s expense.
• Vision plan with 100% employer paid premium. Dependent coverage at employee’s expense.
• Short Term Disability insurance, employer paid.
• Long Term Disability insurance, employer paid.
• Life Insurance, employer paid with employee buy-up options.
• Long-Term Care Insurance, employer funded basic plan with employee buy-up options.
• 401(k) Retirement Plan with annual employer discretionary profit-sharing contribution.
• Commuter benefits including parking reimbursement or transit pass, up to $150/month.
• Employee Assistance Program, employer paid.
• Training and opportunities for professional growth and development.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to Jobs@bbllaw.com. Thank you for your interest in Bennett Bigelow & Leedom, P.S.