Please review any of the open positions below, and direct all employment inquiries to email@example.com.
Bennett Bigelow & Leedom, P.S., a recognized leader in Health Care Law and Trial Practice, is searching to expand its present team of highly-regarded attorneys in its Seattle office. Specifically, the firm is interested in candidates who have experience and a focused interest in medical malpractice, personal injury, or insurance defense, and an interest in working on a wide range of matters. The ideal candidate will have at least three to four years of practice experience with strong legal writing and analytical skills. Also, candidates must have demonstrated oral advocacy skills and the ability to work as a team with other attorneys, legal and administrative staff, and management. Please submit application material consisting of Cover Letter, Resume, and Legal Writing Sample to Jobs@bbllaw.com. Bennett Bigelow & Leedom, P.S. is committed to Diversity & Inclusion and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Bennett Bigelow & Leedom, P.S., Seattle/Spokane, is seeking a full-time paralegal in defense of asbestos/toxic tort litigation, medical malpractice, and general litigation matters. We are looking for candidates who have excellent communication and critical thinking skills, and thrive working in a team environment. Qualified candidates will have paralegal experience (medical record expertise preferred but not required), be a proficient user of MS Office, and be eager to learn ProLaw and other Litigation Case Management applications. A paralegal certificate or degree in paralegal studies from an ABA-approved program is a plus but not required with experience. If this seems like the right career move for you, contact us at Jobs@bbllaw.com. Bennett Bigelow & Leedom is committed to Diversity & Inclusion and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
GENERAL SUMMARY: Prepare complex legal documents, correspondence, and chronologies under the direction of attorney(s), general supervision of firm management. Manage case with attorney supervision. Follow appropriate systems for collecting and organizing case materials and evidence. Observe confidentiality of client and firm matters. This position supports attorneys defending asbestos/toxic tort litigation, civil medical malpractice, and product and general litigation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
“Essential functions” are duties that incumbents must be able to perform unassisted or with some reasonable accommodation made by the employer.
- Prepare initial discovery of other parties for attorney review, draft and manage stipulations, authorizations, and subpoenas for records of plaintiffs.
- Review medical records and prepare medical chronologies.
- FOIA/Public Record Requests and subpoenas.
- Oversee incoming discovery and documents from other parties.
- Prepare witness disclosures.
- Compile expert review materials and communicate with experts.
- Prepare ER 904, witness and exhibit lists, and other trial preparation.
- General case and case schedule/calendar oversight in coordination with Legal Assistant(s).
- Everchron and Nextpoint end-user/case manager.
Litigation Paralegal positions involve recurring work situations with occasional variation from normal to a high degree of complexity. It is expected that the employee performs all duties with minimal supervision. When preparing for trial, overtime is often required. The same is true during periods when workloads are heavy.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications required; Experience with, ProLaw, WestLaw OnePass, CourtTrax, Adobe Pro, Everchron, and Nextpoint, or similar technology, is strongly preferred;
- Substantial knowledge of legal terminology and court procedures;
- Case economics knowledge and case management techniques;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; and
- Have the ability to instruct and coordinate activities of litigation assistants and work with other paralegals.
EDUCATION/TRAINING: Associate or undergraduate degree and/or Paralegal Certificate or experience demonstrating required skills.
EXPERIENCE: 5+ years’ paralegal experience.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Professional office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, and temperature. Travel outside the office may be necessary on occasion.
The above describes the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential responsibilities or requirements. Other duties may be assigned.
Bennett Bigelow & Leedom, P.S. is seeking an accounting professional with at least 2-3 years of experience to join its accounting team. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and the opportunity to build a solid career with a dynamic litigation and healthcare law firm.
Qualified candidates are collaborative, organized, and service-oriented individuals who have:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, especially Excel.
- Ability to perform in a fast paced ever-changing work environment and successfully adapt to changing priorities and work demands.
- Ability to anticipate work needs and follow through with minimum direction.
- Ability to organize work flow and use time efficiently.
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail.
- Minimum two years of experience in legal or professional service billing; ProLaw and/or eBillingHub experience preferred.
- Experience with electronic billing, including automated emailing software as well as third party e-billing vendors (Legal Tracker, TyMetrix 360, CounselLink, Collaborati, etc).
- Four year college degree preferred.
Job Requirements include:
- Processing monthly billing cycle including work in progress, pre-bills/drafts, and final bills to ensure that all client invoices are billed accurately, consistently, and within client requirements on a timely basis.
- Editing attorney bills per request, in addition to grammatical and spelling edits.
- Reviewing new matters to ensure rate and billing set-up is correct.
- Reviewing accounts receivable regularly with attorneys and clients to resolve any outstanding balances.
- Processing credit card payments, electronic payments, bank deposits, and entry of same into accounting software.
- Preparation of billing reports, cash receipt reports, fee/cost summaries, and other ad-hoc reports.
- Cross-train with other accounting department responsibilities.
Employment type: Full-time – Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Medical, Vision, Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability insurance
- Long Term Care insurance
- Paid time off
- 401(k) and Profit Sharing
- Transportation/parking subsidy